We work with a number of local schools who are happy to accept our international students. The school will offer the full curriculum to students who are at a language level to cope with the demands of studying in this type of school.
This course is for students from the ages of 11-17. Students aged 11-16 will join the school year for their age and will study up to 12 subjects a week. This will be taught in English and the student will be in a class with mostly British students. Students aged 16-17 will join ‘A’ level classes where they will study 3 or 4 subjects in depth.
Please note that State Schools in the Cheltenham area are predominately British schools and therefore make no provision for international students and will not have EFL support classes. We recommend that if you are not up to intermediate level of English (B1) then a period of EFL classes with inlingua Cheltenham would be advisable.
State schools in the UK run a three term year that starts in September, January and April. Students can join in for one or two terms.
We will arrange accommodation and help with any issues that arise during the student’s time here. We try to match the student to a family with a child that attends the same school where possible. We can also arrange a guardian, if needed, for an extra cost.
Some of the schools we work with are:
- St Peters
- Crypt School
- Cotswold School
- Chosen Hill
- Dean Close
STATE SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM PLACEMENT (INDIVIDUALS)
Course Summary: State School Placement including Host Family Accommodation
Half Term (6 weeks)
1 Term (12 weeks)
2 Terms (26 weeks)
- Weekly, one term or 2 terms in local State School
- Full school curriculum of up to 12 subjects at GCSE level or 3/4 A levels (subject to course options available at each school)
- Homestay (half board weekday, full board weekends and full board during school holidays)
Price does not include:
- School uniform and school expenses for materials and educational trips
- Transportation to and from school each day
- Language course before placement or during placement i.e. half term break
- Airport transfers
- Personal insurance for the duration of the stay
- Personal spending money