Activities Leader – summer vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: 3 afternoons and three evenings with the addition of the Friday BBQ + Saturday full-day excursion (typically 0900-1730 but longer for London excursion) plus adhoc duties to make up 40 hours per week.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT: Commencing 17th June 2019 for 9 weeks
REMUNERATION: £ 400 per week inclusive of holiday pay
The Activities Leader will be responsible for partaking and supervising all aspects of the social, sporting and recreational programme offered to General English students.
This will include:
- Making all necessary preparations for activities to be conducted successfully and ensuring that all necessary clearing up is done after activities.
- Ensuring that all excursions and activities are conducted in line with the school’s Health & Safety policies.
These start at 1300 and run to about 1730 (the times are approximate and depend on the activity). Typical activities include: swimming, football, cricket, ten-pin bowling, volleyball, canoeing, cycling, cream tea, shopping, Gloucester and Tewksbury. On one afternoon per week a short excursion is offered instead to local destinations such as Stratford and Berkeley Castle. Friday activity is a barbecue which should be ready by 3.30pm.
These start between 1900 and finish at 2200 (all timings are approximate.) Typical activities include: quiz night, pizza night, ghost hunt, disco, karaoke, film night, board game night, Cotswold tour and pub, and international food evening. Activity leaders are required to be on the premises at least 20 minutes prior, to set up the activity. It is the responsibility of the activity leaders to clear up at the end of each event. There is no evening activity on Fridays.
These typically involve leaving the school at about 0900 and returning about 1730. Travel is by coach and typical destinations are Oxford, Cardiff, London (longer day 8 – 8) and Bath. Activity leader is required to be on the premises 20 minutes prior to departure. (All timings are approximate due to traffic 7 travel conditions)/
- S(he) will need to be sociable energetic, enthusiastic and charismatic, with a good sense of fun.
- Solid organizational skills are essential.
- CSLA / HSLA or any other sport / activity awards or coaching awards in individual sports are desirable, but not essential.
- Previous experience of supervising young people in recreational and sporting activities is an advantage.
- Educated to a High Standard
- Fluent in English, Reading, Writing and Spoken is essential for Health & Safety reason.
- Clean driving licence would be an advantage.
- DBS is required
To apply please send CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org